It is our birth right to have a healthy amount of self-worth and self esteem.
Although it is wonderful to be acknowledged and recognised for all that we do by others, it really is important to understand that it is actually our own responsibility to see that we are worthy, valuable and incredibly special. It is also our own responsibility to work on our own self care, wellness and self esteem.
Here are a few ways that you can increase your self esteem instantly
1. A great way to deplete your self esteem is to continuously compare yourself to others. Most of us would readily admit that no good ever comes from comparing our own lives to everyone else’s. Yet, whether we are comparing our home size, paycheck, physical features, or any number of measurable (and even immeasurable) things, so many of us are guilty of doing it.
Next time you catch yourself using someone else as a benchmark for your own worth – STOP.
Instead, gently shift your energy and attention to your own achievements, your personal goals and your positive qualities and attributes. How you measure up against others holds absolutely no importance in your life
Why compare yourself to others – no-one in the world can do a better job of being you than you!!
2. Mind your language – Pay attention to your self talk and your thoughts.
3. Practice positive affirmations daily and make the decision to flat out refuse to speak badly about yourself.
4. SAY NO TO Perfectionism – it is simply unattainable for any of us. Let it go… Aim to be the healthiest best version of YOU instead.
5. Be true to yourself. Live your life doing what feels right to you, not what someone else thinks you should do.
6. Set an intention. Before you get out of bed, decide what kind of day you want to have and then remind yourself that YOU deserve to have a fantastic day.
7. Be truly grateful. When you express gratitude for all the blessings in your life – it shifts your attention away from negative thoughts, Gratitude is the foundation of happiness.
8. Make sure your worst enemy is not living between your own two ears every single day, so again, be mindful of how you LOVE yourself, SPEAK about yourself and CARE for yourself!!
9. Regularly write in a journal all of your achievements. When you write them down and review them, you will realise that you are AMAZING!
10. Nourish your mind body & spirit every single day. Meditation, yoga, Qigong, Tai-chi, Healthy food, Hanging out with cherished friends, laugh, live & love – NOURISH YOUR SOUL.
Love & Light